Hi all
I hope everyone has had a good, if hot, summer and it will be good to catch up with folks at The Other Partizan at Newark Showground, on 11th October.
You may have noticed an absence of blogging, which goes along with an absence of most wargaming activity for me for the last few months as I have been drawn away by family things that have happily occupied my attention as well as making decisions about when I will retire from work and steering my service and team through choppy metaphorical waters.
There's no time for any more excuses though as I just have this weekend and next to get my demo game fully pulled together, so I'm now sorting out posters, game markers and all the gubbins that will be needed. The forces have been assembled ready to be boxed up and I'll start to get the terrain organised tomorrow.
Eutaw Springs, 1781 will be the subject of the game. I did use this for a virtual demo for "Partizan in the Cloud" during the pandemic and you can find a blog post and link to a YouTube video here. If you search the blog for "Eutaw" you'll also find posts about the various miniature units I painted for the game and which will feature on the table next month. I'll use the current version of my rules, so a few things will differ from the video. The order of battle will be similar but I might make a few very small changes.
The video already covers my attachment to this particular battle, explains how it came about and showcases the armies, so I'll not recap that here. Photos will be taken on the day and shared on Facebook and here on the blog soon afterwards. Then I can start planning some painting and gaming for the autumn and winter!
Comments
Post a Comment