Loyalist Rangers, 1777 (Saratoga)

As part of St Leger’s arm of the Saratoga campaign, John Butler commanded a small unit of rangers. This was prior to the raising of “Butlers Rangers” that would occur from December 1777, so I needed a different look to the BR unit I’ve recently painted. 

Searching through the lead pile I found some unused riflemen castings and a Continental officer in hunting shirt. These looked suitable for my purposes so have duly been issued with dark green hunting shirts and brown leggings to echo the dress of Rogers’ Rangers from the FIW. You could equally make a case for more ‘civilian’ dress but I wanted a fairly distinctive unit to put on the table. 

With paint applied these have now been based up:




All ready for action. 

Comments

  1. They look lovely Steve. The Perry Riflemen are among some of my favorite miniatures from their range.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment