Hessian Jäger

Although I have no plans for a mass rebasing of my AWI collection and am happy with rectangular bases for the majority, there are a few units that I am transferring to round bases because they spend most or all of their time skirmishing.

Over the last couple of days I have switched over my Hessian jäger. These started out a dozen figures strong, painted way back in the mists of time. A further six figures were added later along with some rebasing the better part of a decade ago I'd guess. The paint jobs were an OK match but there were differences and while OK it became clear once I'd popped them off their bases that everything could do with a refresh.

This started as a plan for a quick addition of a few highlights here and there but rapidly grew to almost a complete repaint of 70% of each figure and re-highlighting the other 30%. Plans kept changing as I progressed but in the end they have come out well and the whole 18 figures now look more consistent and form a coherent unit.

The figures themselves are Perry Miniatures, 28mm.







Not a bad bit of recycling!

Tomorrow they'll get a dust-off and a quick spray of sealer/varnish.



Comments

  1. Beautifully done, although I suspect they won’t that bad to start with 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely Steve and I really like the multi-base for skirmishers!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment