AWI 2nd New York, 1777 (Saratoga)

My latest unit is another Continental regiment for the northern army which fought Burgoyne’s British army in the Saratoga campaign. In this case it is the 2nd NY. 

As there seem to have been few, if any, uniform issues to northern units in the first half of 1777 I have painted the unit in mostly civilian clothing with a sprinkling of figures in 1776 uniforms, assuming a few veterans remained in the ranks. 

Figures are mostly from the Wargames Foundry range and many of the ones in civilian clothing were painted back in 2001/2 when I first started collecting them. These Continental units for Saratoga are proving a good way to recycle old figures and make use of the lead pile. I think I’ll get another couple of regiments this way. 










I’m now working in parallel on British light infantry and the 4th New York. These will all feature in a refight of Freeman’s Farm at Partizan in May using the rules you can find on the “pages” section of this blog. 


See http://www.partizan.org.uk for show details. 

Oh, look out for pictures of my AWI French in an upcoming issue of Wargames, Soldiers & Strategy. I didn’t write the article but was asked to help out with some visuals. 

Rough version below:










Comments

  1. Beautifully done. Can't wait to see them in action. Do you use your 'BloodyBacks' rules exclusively for your AWI games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding figures. I really like the mixture of civilian clothing with some uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking regiment Steve!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic detail and shading on these. I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super! I'm getting ready to do armies for Rebels and Patriots for the AWI Southern campaign and your figures have been inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment