My Wargaming Week 28th February 2016

It's still all painting and no gaming at the moment. This week I have finished off a battalion of light infantry for the 1776/77 campaigns.

These are the light infantry figures from the Wargames Foundry range, supplemented with a Perry officer in a roundabout jacket.

The 24 figures below can be used as a single battalion or combined with some other elements I have to become two 16 figure units.

The Foundry castings are old figures but still very nice to paint.





Also from this weekend are these chaps who are just starting the basing process:
These are my stab at "Ottendorf's Corps". This was a collection of rebel light companies that seems to have been envisaged as a counter to the Hessian jagers. Ottendorf himself defected to the crown and command fell to Armand. The survivors eventually formed part of Armand's Legion. As I wanted the unit as it might have looked in 1777 I have used information from the website of the reenactors of Captain Selim's company of Ottendorf's Corps to guide me on the unit's possible appearance. The nine figures are all from the pile of unpainted/part-painted and orphaned figures; they are a mix of Foundry uniformed militia and Perry continentals in hunting shirts.

Next to come are probably the 16th Light Dragoons and the Queen's Rangers (in 1777 uniform).

Comments

  1. Excellent job Steve, details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Redcoats, the Continentals are coming along nicely too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking addition to your AWI collection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ottendorf's Corps are lovely, and I didn't even know they existed. And I thought I was a 1777 fanatic. Learned something new today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment