As I mentioned last time, I found that I had a second pack of dragrope men in the painting queue, so this week I have slapped on some paint and got these based. There was no particular need to get these done now, but I found they were a good way to get back into the painting habit after a few fallow months. This second set of six certainly felt a little easier than last week's.
Following my plan, I painted these with a more uniform appearance, representing either continental or state infantry detached to support the guns. I also tried to base these to look a little more active than the previous dragrope crew, despite being exactly the same figures, based with the same materials.
I doubt I'll get much more painting done in the next two weeks as I gear up towards The Other Partizan. Next weekend I really need to set out the terrain to check I'm happy with how the key features will be represented and make sure I take the right bits and bobs for easier set-up at the show. I'm also stocking in a quick Warbases order for some irregularly-shaped bases for some of my scatter terrain that is currently on round ones and looks a bit too "obvious" on the table top. So there might be a post and photos next week, but mostly of rocks and grass...






More great work and the blue trousers really ties them in nicely, gives them an irregular, regular look if you know what I mean!!
ReplyDeleteExcellent 👍 where did you get the irregular bases from?
ReplyDeleteIgnore me completely missed Warbases 🤣
DeleteThere is no sign of any slapping on of paint here, they look as grand as the previous lot! Lovely details and highlights.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James