What with the busy summer of graduations, gardening, work, etc I simply stopped painting, basing and most gaming once I'd finished those amusettes and crews.
The first chaps to emerge from the desk are these dragrope men to reinforce my rebellious colonial artillery crews:
Just as I was finishing these I noticed there was another of the same packs in my pile of shameopportunity.
Those have now been primed and I'll get them pained up, probably with some darker clothing; I'm thinking dark blue breeches and either blue or red waistcoats - these will math some of my continental infantry and Virginia state troops, adding to the impression of infantrymen drafted in for some labour. The good thing about these figures is they can be added to almost any AWI game where artillery feature so I should get plenty of use from them.
As well as painting I did also finally finish off the tufts and static grass on some dismounted dragoos that I rebased a couple of years ago:
I think I have posted about these figures before, but to summarise these are almost all conversions using Wargames Foundry uniformed militia with heads from the Foundry continental dragoons. The personal investment in these means I'm quite attached to them. They are usually used to represent dismounted 3rd Continental Light Dragoons, but for Eutaw Springs they do duty as dismounted South Carolina state dragoons.





Comments
Post a Comment