1st New Hampshire, 1777 (Saratoga)

Hi all. With the Partizan show cancelled that we were due to stage in May the pressure is loosened on getting figures ready. This is lucky as life in the NHS has been very, very busy not least in terms of problem-solving which along with disruption to routines is really exhausting. 

Nevertheless painting is continuing and at the weekend I finished this unit to round out my New Hampshire continentals. The flag is hypothetical based on a contemporary description of a flag that may or may not have belonged to the 1st NH. Even if it did I’ve still changed the wording in the crest to N H 1, as I’d never have fitted “United States of America” in the space, and the terminology feels a little wrong to me as I imagine the USA emerging after Yorktown. I’m not saying it is wrong, just how it creates a dissonance for me. 












Hope you like these. It’s the 9th Massachusetts next, but they might take 2-3 weeks as it is a larger unit. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful unit.....and a lovely standard 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful looking unit! The standard looks "realistic" and like something that might have been carried by the warriors of the north. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment