Sunday, 13 May 2018

Camden 1780 for Partizan 2018 (9)

I’ve progressed with my teddy bear fur skills. It takes a bit of experimentation to get the best out of a new material and I’d been overthinking things I expect. 

For these pieces I have trimmed all of the fur down using the 6mm guide on the pet hair trimmer. I’ve also trimmed all the fur off a border around each piece. Then I set to work using the trimmer with no guide to randomly chop fur from all over the piece, jabbing it in from various directions. Once suitably distressed I applied a light coat of sage green paint. Importantly I stopped there and did not try to highlight with lighter paints. Less seems to be more in this case. Once dry the fur is lightly combed to get what you see in these pictures:










3 comments:

Michał Kucharski said...

looking great!

Engel said...

Looks great!

Lee Hadley said...

Works really well. Nice one!