Camden 1780 for Partizan 2018 (4)

This weekend I have begun to reconstruct my Maryland Continentals. 

I originally painted the two Maryland brigades who fought at Camden back in 2000/2001. I used all sorts of poses, mixing marching, standing and firing line in the same units. These really need an overhaul, which is now underway. 

Models have been de-based and assembled into new units of more compatible poses. The first brigade will be of marching and attacking figures, the second brigade of firing line and standing. 

Some figures are my originals with refreshed paintwork, others are newer castings added in to make up the numbers. It is a challenge matching up the two batches to get a fairly uniform appearance. 

Below are the figures for the 2nd Maryland (part of the 2nd brigade) some 20 figures strong. These will be joined by the 4th and 6th, each of 15 figures. Attached will be the Delaware regiment but I’ll use the 1776 version of those that I already have painted and ready to go. 

I have done the 2nd Maryland with buff waistcoats and  breeches. I like the look but other units will probably introduce white to at least some extent. Either way I think they’ll look smart enough. I’ve avoided using hunting shirt figures as I’d like to think the brigades were smartened up before heading south. 



Just a reminder that Partizan will be on the 20th May (Sunday) at the Newark Showground in Nottinghamshire. 

Comments

  1. A labour of love rebasing....hope to get to Partizan if I can 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive, Steve! Your brushwork tempts me to get into AWI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Marylanders were as close as the Continental Army came to having an elite force. Your paint jobs on the ones you have assembled already are excellent. You may want to save your hunting shirt clad men for Virginia and North Carolina militia units picked up on the way. It is interesting that one painting commissioned by the US Army shows the Marylanders at Cowpens wearing a very mixed look of uniforms from hunting shirts to fully uniformed in regulation style.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment