Restless Natives

This week I have been finishing off some native american warriors for my AWI collection.

These are a mixture of castings I painted back in 2001/2 and some I have freshly painted. In all cases I used a pale pink/flesh base coat. The older figures were washed with diluted chestnut and brown inks, the newer figures used GW washes diluted with water and matt varnish.

Once the flesh was painted the clothing and equipment came next. Older figures had the "traditional" three layers building from dark to highlight. Newer figures had basecoat, wash and highlight. There are work in progress pictures on the facebook page. From now on my day-to-day social media updates will be on facebook but I will continue to summarise things here on the blog.

Overall they combine well. There are minor differences in the finish, but no more than usual human variation I suspect.

The warriors have been based on a combination of round bases. 60mm bases have 3 figures, 40mm have 2 figures and single figures are on 25mm diameter bases.

Now I have 48 warriors and a couple of command stands I finally have enough to start to consider some scenarios involving them! Once I have completed Bunker Hill at Partizan I might have a go at something based around Point Pleasant (1774).

The next project will be some Stockbridge tribesmen, who fought on the rebel side in the AWI. Before I get around to them though, I'll be putting up a longer post about Bunker Hill to act as support for the demo game (easier than printing lots of handouts, and more environmentally friendly)

Figures: Perry Miniatures 28mm.






Comments

  1. Very nice and I do like the multi basing of the Indians.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Indians, painting and basing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Steve. Terrific basing too.

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post about chronic about work I Get more help from your post I found so many blogs related to this But do not get that much information also I found some interesting information about easy way to calculate your car worth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment