My Wargaming Week, 21st January 2017

Hi all. This week has seen a fairly standard hour or so of painting each night and a couple of hours at the weekend.

I have finished the 52nd Foot as part of the Boston 1775 army:
 


 


 

The buff colour is Vallejo german cammo beige. The red uses GW wazdakka red and Vallejo dark vermillion.


I also painted the figures for the light company of the 18th Foot (Royal Irish). The cap design is speculative based on the grenadier mitre design from earlier in the C18th and on later cap-badges. It's a harp with a crown on top:
 

Finally, I got up early this morning to prime the figures for the 5th Foot. I'm currently using the Vallejo grey primer (74.601) which comes in a 200mL bottle. It can be airbrushed but I just brush it on. I've now used it on quite a few figures and I'm impressed so far.
 

Next week will therefore be all about cracking on with the 5th with their gosling green facings. After that there will be the 47th, the light infantry for Pigot's wing and more of those Old Glory command figures.



Comments

  1. Beautiful work! Love the caps on on the Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting. The best is the painting on the cap of the light infantry. Wow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shading, particularly on the skin tones. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding work. Especially like the a Royal Irish light company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment