Breed's Hill (1)

Today the glue had dried on my first step towards a model of Breed's Hill.

I had glued an old 2'x2' terrain tile and two 1' square tiles to a piece of 3'x2' hardboard roughly trimmed into a rounded shape:

 
 Using an old bread knife I then cut the polystyrene to match th shape of the hardboard:

 

Then I marked out where the fortification would be (blue) and the ditch (purple):

 

Then more work with the bread knife to shape the contours of the hill. I used a box cutter and a screwdriver to carve out the ditches in front of the fortifications:

 

I think that is enough for today!

Comments

  1. Wow, that's impressive already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messy stuff ..... but looking impressive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the finished item with your impressive armies.
    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment