Sunday, 15 May 2016

My Wargaming Week, 15th May 2016

This week has been full of scenario preparation for Partizan next weekend so there isn't too much to show.

I do need some 12-pounder cannon for next week so finally expanded the artillery park:

First is the Foundry 24-pounder that I bought back around 2000 and finally assembled and painted:

Then two 12-pounders from Front Rank with the long barrel option:

Then two "short" 12-pounders using the optional Front Rank barrels and a couple of spare Foundry 6-pound carriages:
Finally two 1-horse limbers from Front Rank as an economical option to pully Hessian 4-pounders.

I have play tested some rules alterations, begun to write up the Partizan scenario as a magazine article and assembled a box of Perry plastics to become the 3rd Foot and 1st DeLancey's for Eutaw Springs. The 3rd Foot will consist of 6 bases at approximately a 1:10 figure:man ratio, but can then be split to give two buff-faced battalions at 1:20 for the larger battles. I'm fairly certain I'll be doing a Germantown themed game next year so I'm building up both armies steadily.

I'm also still debating about a Wars of the Roses project that the BBC aren't really doing much to dissuade me from at present. Maybe something for the Partizan shopping list?



3 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

They look splendid Steve, great job Sir.

Matt Crump said...

Great looking cannon wish I could come to Partizan but not an option next 🙁

Rodger said...

Absolutely stunning Steve!