Lee's Legion - Dragoons finished


I have finished off the light dragoon figures for Lee's Legion. As with Lee himself I have opted for a uniform of green jackets with chocolate brown facings. The flag is one reputed to have been carried by the Legion. I am not 100% sure of its provenance bu have used in lieu of any more convincing information. Half of the fugures ar painted in my "normal" way with layers and washes, the other half were done using Army Painter as a mid-way step. I don't find a huge difference between the two finished effects other than the faces being less "pink" with the Army Paintered batch, and this will be down to the colour I used as the base.

The american foxhound has found his way onto Lee's command base, where he seems ti fit in nicely.

Next up are a unit of americans in hunting shirts which will have a Maryland 1776 vibe and a couple of bases of grenadiers to supplement those I already have (in full warrant uniform). I have figures on order to enable me to produce the foot element of Lee's legion and the grenadier company/companies for the Guards brigade in the south.

Comments

  1. They look very nice!I really like that shade of green btw.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your bases. How about step by step? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your basing technique. How about a step by step instruction? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are particularly well done! Very nice. It's been good following your progress with them. Quite like the Guards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. I really like the way you've done the head swaps to create variety in the unit. Very cute pooch, too! Lovely stuff.

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment