Mill board progressing

I think there is enough varnish on the river now, so I have added the flock and some clump foliage to the watermill board. I still plan to add some long, dry grass tufts and some turf ground cover over the weekend, but the board is 95% done now. There is space to put a bridge over the river or to scatter on some grave for a ford.
It turns out that the river is a little more blue than my first river board, that is more greenish, but it is a variation that I think I can live with. I'm certainly not painting either again!
Overall I am pleased with the result and I think this will be a great addition to my AWI battlefields. I'll look to getting some photos done soon using this board for a diorama.

cheers

Comments

  1. A great job... I love the ford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Fantastic work there. All fits together quite well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly beautiful piece, full of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely marvelous work. I wish I had something of this quality for the battle of Ramsour's Mill project I currently have underway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant stuff!!

    The water effect and colour is stunning Steve.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very,very nice looking piece and I love the water effect!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment