Picking up from where I finished yesterday the next photo shows the addition of a base coat to the yellow areas - drum rims, shako pom poms and officers' sashes. For this I used GW snakebite leather. Some AA dove grey was used to basecoat the flagpole and start highlighting the general's coat.
The yellow areas were then highlighted with GW bad moon yellow. On the drum rims this was dotted on to give the impression of the yellow & black stripes that Austrian drums actually had. The green areas on the facings an cuffs were highlighted using VMC USA Uniform. It pays to have a variety of greens (and browns) available. For 6mm figures it is best to use fairly bright colours if you want them to show up. The general's plume was also highlighted
...the same goes for the back
For the final bits of finishing off, the flesh was highlighted with AA dusty peach, and the flag finials and officers shako band got a coat of AA bronze
and the two units were assembled on a pre-painted 60mm square of MDF. The glue is PVA (white glue). At the same time, patches of grass matting from the Gaugemaster range (made by Noch) were glued on, along with some small bits of gravel
While the glue is still wet, the whole base is then sprinkled with chinchilla sand from the petshop and set aside to dry before final painting