Romans

So, now Salute is out of the way it is on to the next projects. At Salute I picked up the new "Crusader" ancient rules and these look very good. I have started to get my Caesarian Romans sorted out to give the rules a go. I have finished off two units of legionaries, one of which is pictured here, rebased my general and his staff and I have just painted up a new centurion over the last few evenings. The trickiest thing has been painting new figures with the same shield design as the ones I did a couple of years age. Luckily it was a design I was pretty happy painting so it all seems to be coming together.

I have primed and started anough figures for a third unit of 24 infantry. I already have a unit of 8 gallic cavalry and a few numidian bits and bobs so there will be enough for a small wargames army within a month or so, depending on distractions. Once this force is assembled, I'll finish off the bases.

For anyone interested, the WW1 demo game will be appearing at Partizan next month.

















Comments

  1. Steve,

    Superb painting, especially the shiled blazon for the officer.

    T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment